Bite Size Cake Doughnuts Recipe
Bite Size Cake Doughnuts - Bite Size Cake Doughnuts is a treat to have. Get the recipe online on this page and enjoy it with tea. You will enjoy cooking and eating this amazing recipe with your family and friends.
• 3 (750 mL) cups all-purpose flour
• 1 (15 mL) tbsp baking powder
• 3/4 (4 mL) tsp salt
• 1/2 (2 mL) tsp grated nutmeg
• 1/2 (125 mL) cup 10% cream
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
• 1 (5 mL) tsp vanilla
• 3 eggs
• 1 (250 mL) cup granulated sugar
• 4 cups (1 L) canola oilfor deep-frying
• Enough to submerge food
• 1 (250 mL) cup icing sugar
1. In bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In small bowl, whisk 10% and whipping creams and vanilla. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until pale; gradually beat in cream mixture. Stir in flour mixture to make soft sticky dough. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Spray mini (1 tbsp/15 mL) ice-cream scoop or 1 tbsp (15 mL) measure with nonstick spray or grease. In deep fryer, wok or deep saucepan, heat 2 inches (5 cm) oil until deep-fryer thermometer reads 350°F (180°C). Drop batter by 1 tbsp (15 mL) into oil, 6 at a time; deep-fry, turning once, until golden and puffed, 3 to 4 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Transfer to rack; let cool.
Toss doughnuts in sugar to coat. Makes about 50 pieces.