Cathie’s Pumpkin Pie
Searching for yumilicious recipes to please your taste buds? Find the mouth watering Cathie’s Pumpkin Pie with ingredients and method online for your assistance. Note down the recipe in your regular diary and prepare it at home with ease.
1 can (28oz – 796ml) E D. Smith pure pumpkin
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 170 ml can (approx 3/4 c.) Carnation thick cream (25% m.f.)* + enough evaporated milk to equal 1-1/2 c.
2 unbaked homemade or frozen pie shell **
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin and eggs until well mixed.
3. In small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and salt, add spiced brown sugar to pumpkin mixture and mix until smooth.
4. Add vanilla to Cream/Evaporated milk mixture. Mix well into pumpkin.
5. Divide and pour the filling into each pie shell.
6. Bake at 425F for 20 min. Reduce oven temp to 350F and continue baking another 50 min or until knife when inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove and let cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.