Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Gingerbread Cookies - Making good food is an art. Learn this amazing art by checking out some mouthwatering recipes posted online on this page. Try Gingerbread Cookies at home and serve it to your family and friends as a regular meal.
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 cup margarine, melted
• 1/2 cup evaporated milk
• 1 cup unsulfured molasses
• 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
• 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix in the melted margarine, evaporated milk, molasses, vanilla, and lemon extracts. Stir in the flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough should be stiff enough to handle without sticking to fingers. If necessary, increase flour by up to 1/2 cup to prevent sticking.
3. When the dough is smooth, roll it out to 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface, and cut into cookies. Place cookies on the prepared cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies are done when the top springs back when touched. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.