Goan Style Clams & Mussels Recipe
Goan Style Clams & Mussels – Give some Tarka of spices and taste to your food. Try Goan Style Clams & Mussels recipe posted on our page. It is prepared with utmost dedication and expertise. Follow the method to get the perfect taste.
1) Sunflower oil 1 tbsp
2) Shallots(sliced) 2
3) Red chilli(slit) 1
4) Fresh root ginger 1 tsp
5) Garlic cloves(chopped) 2
6) Plum tomatoes(chopped) 2
7) Garam masala 1 tsp
8) Turmeric 1/2 tsp
9) Fresh clams(scrubbed) 625 g
10) Fresh mussels(scrubbed) 1 kg
11) Coconut(fresh grated) 200 g
12) Coriander leaves 6-8 tbsp
2) Crusty bread
1. Heat the oil in a large wok or saucepan.
2. Add the shallots, red chilli, ginger and garlic and stir-fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, garam masala and turmeric and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
4. Tip in the calms and mussels, stir to mix, and cover tightly.
5. Continue to cook over a high heat for 6-8 minutes or until the clams and mussels have opened.
6. Discard any that remain closed.
7. Stir in the grated coconut and coriander, and mix well.
8. Serve in large individual bowls with wedges of lemon or lime to squeeze over.
9. Eat with your fingers and have plenty of crusty bread on hand to mop up any juices.