• Abide Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To wait; to pause; to delay.
- (v. i.) To stay; to continue in a place; to have ones abode; to dwell; to sojourn; -- with with before a person, and commonly with at or in before a place.
- (v. i.) To remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to continue; to remain.
- (v. t.) To wait for; to be prepared for; to await; to watch for; as, I abide my time.
- (v. t.) To endure; to sustain; to submit to.
- (v. t.) To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with.
- (v. t.) To stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for.
• Abider Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who abides, or continues.
- (n.) One who dwells; a resident.