• Abortive Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Produced by abortion; born prematurely; as, an abortive child.
- (v.) Made from the skin of a still-born animal; as, abortive vellum.
- (v.) Rendering fruitless or ineffectual.
- (v.) Coming to naught; failing in its effect; miscarrying; fruitless; unsuccessful; as, an abortive attempt.
- (v.) Imperfectly formed or developed; rudimentary; sterile; as, an abortive organ, stamen, ovule, etc.
- (v.) Causing abortion; as, abortive medicines.
- (v.) Cutting short; as, abortive treatment of typhoid fever.
- (n.) That which is born or brought forth prematurely; an abortion.
- (n.) A fruitless effort or issue.
- (n.) A medicine to which is attributed the property of causing abortion.
• Abortively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an abortive or untimely manner; immaturely; fruitlessly.
• Abortiveness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being abortive.