• Abrupt Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Broken off; very steep, or craggy, as rocks, precipices, banks; precipitous; steep; as, abrupt places.
- (a.) Without notice to prepare the mind for the event; sudden; hasty; unceremonious.
- (a.) Having sudden transitions from one subject to another; unconnected.
- (a.) Suddenly terminating, as if cut off.
- (n.) An abrupt place.
- (v. t.) To tear off or asunder.
• Abruption Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sudden breaking off; a violent separation of bodies.
• Abruptly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an abrupt manner; without giving notice, or without the usual forms; suddenly.
- (adv.) Precipitously.