• Acceptance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of accepting; a receiving what is offered, with approbation, satisfaction, or acquiescence; esp., favorable reception; approval; as, the acceptance of a gift, office, doctrine, etc.
- (n.) State of being accepted; acceptableness.
- (n.) An assent and engagement by the person on whom a bill of exchange is drawn, to pay it when due according to the terms of the acceptance.
- (n.) The bill itself when accepted.
- (n.) An agreeing to terms or proposals by which a bargain is concluded and the parties are bound; the reception or taking of a thing bought as that for which it was bought, or as that agreed to be delivered, or the taking possession as owner.
- (n.) An agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law.
- (n.) Meaning; acceptation.