• Accidental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Happening by chance, or unexpectedly; taking place not according to the usual course of things; casual; fortuitous; as, an accidental visit.
- (a.) Nonessential; not necessary belonging; incidental; as, are accidental to a play.
- (n.) A property which is not essential; a nonessential; anything happening accidentally.
- (n.) Those fortuitous effects produced by luminous rays falling on certain objects so that some parts stand forth in abnormal brightness and other parts are cast into a deep shadow.
- (n.) A sharp, flat, or natural, occurring not at the commencement of a piece of music as the signature, but before a particular note.
• Accidentalness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being accidental; casualness.