• Acknowledgment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
- (n.) The act of owning or recognized in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
- (n.) The owning of a benefit received; courteous recognition; expression of thanks.
- (n.) Something given or done in return for a favor, message, etc.
- (n.) A declaration or avowal of ones own act, to give it legal validity; as, the acknowledgment of a deed before a proper officer. Also, the certificate of the officer attesting such declaration.