• Adamant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stone imagined by some to be of impenetrable hardness; a name given to the diamond and other substances of extreme hardness; but in modern mineralogy it has no technical signification. It is now a rhetorical or poetical name for the embodiment of impenetrable hardness.
- (n.) Lodestone; magnet.
• Adamantine Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Made of adamant, or having the qualities of adamant; incapable of being broken, dissolved, or penetrated; as, adamantine bonds or chains.
- (a.) Like the diamond in hardness or luster.
• Adamantean Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of adamant; hard as adamant.