• Addition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of adding two or more things together; -- opposed to subtraction or diminution.
- (n.) Anything added; increase; augmentation; as, a piazza is an addition to a building.
- (n.) That part of arithmetic which treats of adding numbers.
- (n.) A dot at the right side of a note as an indication that its sound is to be lengthened one half.
- (n.) A title annexed to a mans name, to identify him more precisely; as, John Doe, Esq.; Richard Roe, Gent.; Robert Dale, Mason; Thomas Way, of New York; a mark of distinction; a title.
- (n.) Something added to a coat of arms, as a mark of honor; -- opposed to abatement.
• Additionally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By way of addition.
• Additionary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Additional.