• Address Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) To aim; to direct.
- (v.) To prepare or make ready.
- (v.) Reflexively: To prepare ones self; to apply ones skill or energies (to some object); to betake.
- (v.) To clothe or array; to dress.
- (v.) To direct, as words (to any one or any thing); to make, as a speech, petition, etc. (to any one, an audience).
- (v.) To direct speech to; to make a communication to, whether spoken or written; to apply to by words, as by a speech, petition, etc., to speak to; to accost.
- (v.) To direct in writing, as a letter; to superscribe, or to direct and transmit; as, he addressed a letter.
- (v.) To make suit to as a lover; to court; to woo.
- (v.) To consign or intrust to the care of another, as agent or factor; as, the ship was addressed to a merchant in Baltimore.
- (v. i.) To prepare ones self.
- (v. i.) To direct speech.
- (v. t.) Act of preparing ones self.
- (v. t.) Act of addressing ones self to a person; verbal application.
- (v. t.) A formal communication, either written or spoken; a discourse; a speech; a formal application to any one; a petition; a formal statement on some subject or special occasion; as, an address of thanks, an address to the voters.
- (v. t.) Direction or superscription of a letter, or the name, title, and place of residence of the person addressed.
- (v. t.) Manner of speaking to another; delivery; as, a man of pleasing or insinuating address.
- (v. t.) Attention in the way ones addresses to a lady.
- (v. t.) Skill; skillful management; dexterity; adroitness.
• Addression Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of addressing or directing ones course.
• Addressed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Address
• Addressing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Address