• Adjectived Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Adjective
• Adjective Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Added to a substantive as an attribute; of the nature of an adjunct; as, an adjective word or sentence.
- (n.) Not standing by itself; dependent.
- (n.) Relating to procedure.
- (n.) A word used with a noun, or substantive, to express a quality of the thing named, or something attributed to it, or to limit or define it, or to specify or describe a thing, as distinct from something else. Thus, in phrase, "a wise ruler," wise is the adjective, expressing a property of ruler.
- (n.) A dependent; an accessory.
- (v. t.) To make an adjective of; to form or change into an adjective.