• Adjourned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Adjourn
• Adjourn Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put off or defer to another day, or indefinitely; to postpone; to close or suspend for the day; -- commonly said of the meeting, or the action, of convened body; as, to adjourn the meeting; to adjourn a debate.
- (v. i.) To suspend business for a time, as from one day to another, or for a longer period, or indefinitely; usually, to suspend public business, as of legislatures and courts, or other convened bodies; as, congress adjourned at four oclock; the court adjourned without day.