• Adjunct Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Conjoined; attending; consequent.
- (n.) Something joined or added to another thing, but not essentially a part of it.
- (n.) A person joined to another in some duty or service; a colleague; an associate.
- (n.) A word or words added to quality or amplify the force of other words; as, the History of the American Revolution, where the words in italics are the adjunct or adjuncts of "History."
- (n.) A quality or property of the body or the mind, whether natural or acquired; as, color, in the body, judgment in the mind.
- (n.) A key or scale closely related to another as principal; a relative or attendant key. [R.] See Attendant keys, under Attendant, a.
• Adjunctly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By way of addition or adjunct; in connection with.
• Adjunctively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an adjunctive manner.