• Adopted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Taken by adoption; taken up as ones own; as, an adopted son, citizen, country, word.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Adopt
• Adopt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take by choice into relationship, as, child, heir, friend, citizen, etc.; esp. to take voluntarily (a child of other parents) to be in the place of, or as, ones own child.
- (v. t.) To take or receive as ones own what is not so naturally; to select and take or approve; as, to adopt the view or policy of another; these resolutions were adopted.