• Advert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To turn the mind or attention; to refer; to take heed or notice; -- with to; as, he adverted to what was said.
• Advertise Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To give notice to; to inform or apprise; to notify; to make known; hence, to warn; -- often followed by of before the subject of information; as, to advertise a man of his loss.
- (v. t.) To give public notice of; to announce publicly, esp. by a printed notice; as, to advertise goods for sale, a lost article, the sailing day of a vessel, a political meeting.
• Advertiser Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, advertises.