• Aerial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Growing, forming, or existing in the air, as opposed to growing or existing in earth or water, or underground; as, aerial rootlets, aerial plants.
- (a.) Consisting of air; resembling, or partaking of the nature of air. Hence: Unsubstantial; unreal.
- (a.) Rising aloft in air; high; lofty; as, aerial spires.
- (a.) Light as air; ethereal.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the air, or atmosphere; inhabiting or frequenting the air; produced by or found in the air; performed in the air; as, aerial regions or currents.
• Aerial railway Definition & Synonyms
- () A stretched wire or rope elevated above the ground and forming a way along which a trolley may travel, for conveying a load suspended from the trolley.
- () An elevated cableway.
• Aeriality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being aerial; unsubstantiality.