• Affirmation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Confirmation of anything established; ratification; as, the affirmation of a law.
- (n.) That which is asserted; an assertion; a positive statement; an averment; as, an affirmation, by the vender, of title to property sold, or of its quality.
- (n.) The act of affirming or asserting as true; assertion; -- opposed to negation or denial.
- (n.) A solemn declaration made under the penalties of perjury, by persons who conscientiously decline taking an oath, which declaration is in law equivalent to an oath.