• Agitating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Agitate
• Agitate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To move or actuate.
- (v. t.) To revolve in the mind, or view in all its aspects; to contrive busily; to devise; to plot; as, politicians agitate desperate designs.
- (v. t.) To stir up; to disturb or excite; to perturb; as, he was greatly agitated.
- (v. t.) To discuss with great earnestness; to debate; as, a controversy hotly agitated.
- (v. t.) To move with a violent, irregular action; as, the wind agitates the sea; to agitate water in a vessel.