• Agitation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Excitement of public feeling by discussion, appeals, etc.; as, the antislavery agitation; labor agitation.
- (n.) Examination or consideration of a subject in controversy, or of a plan proposed for adoption; earnest discussion; debate.
- (n.) The act of agitating, or the state of being agitated; the state of being moved with violence, or with irregular action; commotion; as, the sea after a storm is in agitation.
- (n.) A stirring up or arousing; disturbance of tranquillity; disturbance of mind which shows itself by physical excitement; perturbation; as, to cause any one agitation.