• Ail Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Indisposition or morbid affection.
- (v. i.) To be affected with pain or uneasiness of any sort; to be ill or indisposed or in trouble.
- (v. t.) To affect with pain or uneasiness, either physical or mental; to trouble; to be the matter with; -- used to express some uneasiness or affection, whose cause is unknown; as, what ails the man? I know not what ails him.
• Ailing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ail
• Aileron Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small plane or surface capable of being manipulated by the pilot of a flying machine to preserve or destroy lateral balance; a hinged wing tip; a lateral stabilizing or balancing plane.
- (n.) A half gable, as at the end of a penthouse or of the aisle of a church.