• Airy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the light and aerial tints true to nature.
- (a.) Consisting of air; as, an airy substance; the airy parts of bodies.
- (a.) Relating to the spirit or soul; delicate; graceful; as, airy music.
- (a.) Resembling air; thin; unsubstantial; not material; airlike.
- (a.) Relating or belonging to air; high in air; aerial; as, an airy flight.
- (a.) Open to a free current of air; exposed to the air; breezy; as, an airy situation.
- (a.) Without reality; having no solid foundation; empty; trifling; visionary.
- (a.) Light of heart; vivacious; sprightly; flippant; superficial.
- (a.) Having an affected manner; being in the habit of putting on airs; affectedly grand.