• Aisled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Furnished with an aisle or aisles.
• Aisle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Also (perhaps from confusion with alley), a passage into which the pews of a church open.
- (n.) Improperly used also for the have; -- as in the phrases, a church with three aisles, the middle aisle.
- (n.) A lateral division of a building, separated from the middle part, called the nave, by a row of columns or piers, which support the roof or an upper wall containing windows, called the clearstory wall.