• Albumin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A thick, viscous nitrogenous substance, which is the chief and characteristic constituent of white of eggs and of the serum of blood, and is found in other animal substances, both fluid and solid, also in many plants. It is soluble in water and is coagulated by heat and by certain chemical reagents.
• Albuminimeter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument for ascertaining the quantity of albumen in a liquid.
• Albuminiparous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Producing albumin.