• Alien Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wholly different in nature; foreign; adverse; inconsistent (with); incongruous; -- followed by from or sometimes by to; as, principles alien from our religion.
- (n.) One excluded from certain privileges; one alienated or estranged; as, aliens from Gods mercies.
- (a.) Not belonging to the same country, land, or government, or to the citizens or subjects thereof; foreign; as, alien subjects, enemies, property, shores.
- (n.) A foreigner; one owing allegiance, or belonging, to another country; a foreign-born resident of a country in which he does not possess the privileges of a citizen. Hence, a stranger. See Alienage.
- (v. t.) To alienate; to estrange; to transfer, as property or ownership.
• Alienation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A withdrawing or estrangement, as of the affections.
- (n.) The act of alienating, or the state of being alienated.
- (n.) Mental alienation; derangement of the mental faculties; insanity; as, alienation of mind.
- (n.) A transfer of title, or a legal conveyance of property to another.
• Alienor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who alienates or transfers property to another.