• Allegories Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Allegory
• Allegory Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A figurative sentence or discourse, in which the principal subject is described by another subject resembling it in its properties and circumstances. The real subject is thus kept out of view, and we are left to collect the intentions of the writer or speaker by the resemblance of the secondary to the primary subject.
- (n.) Anything which represents by suggestive resemblance; an emblem.
- (n.) A figure representation which has a meaning beyond notion directly conveyed by the object painted or sculptured.