• Alternative Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Either of two things or propositions offered to ones choice. Thus when two things offer a choice of one only, the two things are called alternatives.
- (n.) A choice between more than two things; one of several things offered to choose among.
- (n.) An offer of two things, one of which may be chosen, but not both; a choice between two things, so that if one is taken, the other must be left.
- (a.) Alternate; reciprocal.
- (a.) Disjunctive; as, an alternative conjunction.
- (n.) The course of action or the thing offered in place of another.
- (a.) Offering a choice of two things.
• Alternatively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In the manner of alternatives, or that admits the choice of one out of two things.