• Amalgamating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Amalgamate
• Amalgamate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To mix, so as to make a uniform compound; to unite or combine; as, to amalgamate two races; to amalgamate one race with another.
- (a.) Alt. of Amalgamated
- (v. i.) To unite in an amalgam; to blend with another metal, as quicksilver.
- (v. i.) To coalesce, as a result of growth; to combine into a uniform whole; to blend; as, two organs or parts amalgamate.
- (v. t.) To compound or mix, as quicksilver, with another metal; to unite, combine, or alloy with mercury.