• Ambrosia Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Formerly, a kind of fragrant plant; now (Bot.), a genus of plants, including some coarse and worthless weeds, called ragweed, hogweed, etc.
- (n.) The fabled food of the gods (as nectar was their drink), which conferred immortality upon those who partook of it.
- (n.) A perfumed unguent, salve, or draught; something very pleasing to the taste or smell.
- (n.) An unguent of the gods.
- (n.) The food of certain small bark beetles, family Scolytidae believed to be fungi cultivated by the beetles in their burrows.
• Ambrosian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to St. Ambrose; as, the Ambrosian office, or ritual, a formula of worship in the church of Milan, instituted by St. Ambrose.
- (a.) Ambrosial.
• Ambrosial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Consisting of, or partaking of the nature of, ambrosia; delighting the taste or smell; delicious.
- (a.) Divinely excellent or beautiful.