• Ambrosia Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Formerly, a kind of fragrant plant; now (Bot.), a genus of plants, including some coarse and worthless weeds, called ragweed, hogweed, etc.
- (n.) The fabled food of the gods (as nectar was their drink), which conferred immortality upon those who partook of it.
- (n.) A perfumed unguent, salve, or draught; something very pleasing to the taste or smell.
- (n.) An unguent of the gods.
- (n.) The food of certain small bark beetles, family Scolytidae believed to be fungi cultivated by the beetles in their burrows.
• Ambrosia beetle Definition & Synonyms
- () A bark beetle that feeds on ambrosia.
• Ambrosially Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) After the manner of ambrosia; delightfully.