• Amend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To grow better by rectifying something wrong in manners or morals; to improve.
- (v. t.) To change or modify in any way for the better
- (v. t.) by substituting something else in the place of what is removed; to rectify.
- (v. t.) by simply removing what is erroneous, corrupt, superfluous, faulty, and the like;
- (v. t.) by supplying deficiencies;
• Amen Definition & Synonyms
- (interj., adv., & n.) An expression used at the end of prayers, and meaning, So be it. At the end of a creed, it is a solemn asseveration of belief. When it introduces a declaration, it is equivalent to truly, verily.
- (v. t.) To say Amen to; to sanction fully.
• Amendable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being amended; as, an amendable writ or error.