• Amending Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Amend
• Amend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To grow better by rectifying something wrong in manners or morals; to improve.
- (v. t.) To change or modify in any way for the better
- (v. t.) by substituting something else in the place of what is removed; to rectify.
- (v. t.) by simply removing what is erroneous, corrupt, superfluous, faulty, and the like;
- (v. t.) by supplying deficiencies;
• Amende Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pecuniary punishment or fine; a reparation or recantation.