• Amounting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Amount
• Amount Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To go up; to ascend.
- (v. t.) To signify; to amount to.
- (n.) The sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is 16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this years revenue.
- (n.) To rise or reach by an accumulation of particular sums or quantities; to come (to) in the aggregate or whole; -- with to or unto.
- (n.) To rise, reach, or extend in effect, substance, or influence; to be equivalent; to come practically (to); as, the testimony amounts to very little.
- (n.) The effect, substance, value, significance, or result; the sum; as, the amount of the testimony is this.