• Anomaly Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The angle measuring apparent irregularities in the motion of a planet.
- (n.) Deviation from the common rule; an irregularity; anything anomalous.
- (n.) Any deviation from the essential characteristics of a specific type.
- (n.) The angular distance of a planet from its perihelion, as seen from the sun. This is the true anomaly. The eccentric anomaly is a corresponding angle at the center of the elliptic orbit of the planet. The mean anomaly is what the anomaly would be if the planets angular motion were uniform.