• Answerable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Obliged to answer; liable to be called to account; liable to pay, indemnify, or make good; accountable; amenable; responsible; as, an agent is answerable to his principal; to be answerable for a debt, or for damages.
- (a.) Equal; equivalent; adequate.
- (a.) Capable of being answered or refuted; admitting a satisfactory answer.
- (a.) Proportionate; commensurate; suitable; as, an achievement answerable to the preparation for it.
- (a.) Correspondent; conformable; hence, comparable.
• Answerableness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being answerable, liable, responsible, or correspondent.