• Ante Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Each players stake, which is put into the pool before (ante) the game begins.
- (v. t. & i.) To put up (an ante).
• Antefact Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Something done before another act.
• Antenna Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A movable, articulated organ of sensation, attached to the heads of insects and Crustacea. There are two in the former, and usually four in the latter. They are used as organs of touch, and in some species of Crustacea the cavity of the ear is situated near the basal joint. In insects, they are popularly called horns, and also feelers. The term in also applied to similar organs on the heads of other arthropods and of annelids.