• Anticipating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Anticipate
• Anticipate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To foresee (a wish, command, etc.) and do beforehand that which will be desired.
- (v. t.) To foretaste or foresee; to have a previous view or impression of; as, to anticipate the pleasures of a visit; to anticipate the evils of life.
- (v. t.) To be before in doing; to do or take before another; to preclude or prevent by prior action.
- (v. t.) To take up or introduce beforehand, or before the proper or normal time; to cause to occur earlier or prematurely; as, the advocate has anticipated a part of his argument.