• Antique Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) In general, anything very old; but in a more limited sense, a relic or object of ancient art; collectively, the antique, the remains of ancient art, as busts, statues, paintings, and vases.
- (a.) Odd; fantastic.
- (a.) Old; ancient; of genuine antiquity; as, an antique statue. In this sense it usually refers to the flourishing ages of Greece and Rome.
- (a.) Old, as respects the present age, or a modern period of time; of old fashion; antiquated; as, an antique robe.
- (a.) Made in imitation of antiquity; as, the antique style of Thomsons "Castle of Indolence."
• Antiquely Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an antique manner.