• Appalling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Appall
- (a.) Such as to appall; as, an appalling accident.
• Appall Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To weaken; to enfeeble; to reduce; as, an old appalled wight.
- (n.) Terror; dismay.
- (v. i.) To lose flavor or become stale.
- (v. i.) To grow faint; to become weak; to become dismayed or discouraged.
- (a.) To depress or discourage with fear; to impress with fear in such a manner that the mind shrinks, or loses its firmness; to overcome with sudden terror or horror; to dismay; as, the sight appalled the stoutest heart.
- (a.) To make pale; to blanch.