• Apprenticing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Apprentice
• Apprentice Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is bound by indentures or by legal agreement to serve a mechanic, or other person, for a certain time, with a view to learn the art, or trade, in which his master is bound to instruct him.
- (n.) One not well versed in a subject; a tyro.
- (n.) A barrister, considered a learner of law till of sixteen years standing, when he might be called to the rank of serjeant.
- (v. t.) To bind to, or put under the care of, a master, for the purpose of instruction in a trade or business.