• Arc Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A curvature in the shape of a circular arc or an arch; as, the colored arc (the rainbow); the arc of Hadleys quadrant.
- (n.) The apparent arc described, above or below the horizon, by the sun or other celestial body. The diurnal arc is described during the daytime, the nocturnal arc during the night.
- (n.) An arch.
- (n.) A portion of a curved line; as, the arc of a circle or of an ellipse.
- (v. i.) To form a voltaic arc, as an electrical current in a broken or disconnected circuit.
• Archetypal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to an archetype; consisting a model (real or ideal) or pattern; original.
• Architrave Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The group of moldings, or other architectural member, above and on both sides of a door or other opening, especially if square in form.
- (n.) The lower division of an entablature, or that part which rests immediately on the column, esp. in classical architecture. See Column.