• Are Definition & Synonyms
- () The present indicative plural of the substantive verb to be; but etymologically a different word from be, or was. Am, art, are, and is, all come from the root as.
- (n.) The unit of superficial measure, being a square of which each side is ten meters in length; 100 square meters, or about 119.6 square yards.
• Areng Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Arenga
• Area Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The inclosed space on which a building stands.
- (n.) The superficial contents of any figure; the surface included within any given lines; superficial extent; as, the area of a square or a triangle.
- (n.) The sunken space or court, giving ingress and affording light to the basement of a building.
- (n.) An extent of surface; a tract of the earths surface; a region; as, vast uncultivated areas.
- (n.) A spot or small marked space; as, the germinative area.
- (n.) Any plane surface, as of the floor of a room or church, or of the ground within an inclosure; an open space in a building.
- (n.) Extent; scope; range; as, a wide area of thought.