• Argue Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To persuade by reasons; as, to argue a man into a different opinion.
- (v. t.) To prove or evince; too manifest or exhibit by inference, deduction, or reasoning.
- (v. t.) To debate or discuss; to treat by reasoning; as, the counsel argued the cause before a full court; the cause was well argued.
- (v. t.) To blame; to accuse; to charge with.
- (v. i.) To contend in argument; to dispute; to reason; -- followed by with; as, you may argue with your friend without convincing him.
- (v. i.) To invent and offer reasons to support or overthrow a proposition, opinion, or measure; to use arguments; to reason.
• Argued Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Argue
• Arguer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who argues; a reasoner; a disputant.