• Arm Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anything resembling an arm
- (n.) A limb, or locomotive or prehensile organ, of an invertebrate animal.
- (v. t.) To cover or furnish with a plate, or with whatever will add strength, force, security, or efficiency; as, to arm the hit of a sword; to arm a hook in angling.
- (n.) The fore limb of an animal, as of a bear.
- (n.) A branch of a tree.
- (n.) A branch of the military service; as, the cavalry arm was made efficient.
- (n.) A weapon of offense or defense; an instrument of warfare; -- commonly in the pl.
- (n.) A support for the elbow, at the side of a chair, the end of a sofa, etc.
- (n.) The end of a yard; also, the part of an anchor which ends in the fluke.
- (v. t.) To furnish with arms or limbs.
- (v. i.) To provide ones self with arms, weapons, or means of attack or resistance; to take arms.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To furnish with means of defense; to prepare for resistance; to fortify, in a moral sense.
- (n.) Fig.: Power; might; strength; support; as, the secular arm; the arm of the law.
- (n.) An inlet of water from the sea.
- (n.) A slender part of an instrument or machine, projecting from a trunk, axis, or fulcrum; as, the arm of a steelyard.
- (v. t.) To take by the arm; to take up in ones arms.
- (n.) The limb of the human body which extends from the shoulder to the hand; also, the corresponding limb of a monkey.
- (v. t.) To furnish or equip with weapons of offense or defense; as, to arm soldiers; to arm the country.
• Armfulus Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Armful
• Armillary Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Pertaining to, or resembling, a bracelet or ring; consisting of rings or circles.