• Array Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Order; a regular and imposing arrangement; disposition in regular lines; hence, order of battle; as, drawn up in battle array.
- (n.) To deck or dress; to adorn with dress; to cloth to envelop; -- applied esp. to dress of a splendid kind.
- (n.) To place or dispose in order, as troops for battle; to marshal.
- (n.) The whole body of jurors summoned to attend the court.
- (n.) To set in order, as a jury, for the trial of a cause; that is, to call them man by man.
- (n.) A ranking or setting forth in order, by the proper officer, of a jury as impaneled in a cause.
- (n.) The whole body of persons thus placed in order; an orderly collection; hence, a body of soldiers.
- (n.) An imposing series of things.
- (n.) Dress; garments disposed in order upon the person; rich or beautiful apparel.
- (n.) The panel itself.
• Arrayer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who arrays. In some early English statutes, applied to an officer who had care of the soldiers armor, and who saw them duly accoutered.
• Arraying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Array