• Artillery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Munitions of war; implements for warfare, as slings, bows, and arrows.
- (n.) The men and officers of that branch of the army to which the care and management of artillery are confided.
- (n.) The science of artillery or gunnery.
- (n.) Cannon; great guns; ordnance, including guns, mortars, howitzers, etc., with their equipment of carriages, balls, bombs, and shot of all kinds.
• Artillery wheel Definition & Synonyms
- () A kind of heavily built dished wheel with a long axle box, used on gun carriages, usually having 14 spokes and 7 felloes; hence, a wheel of similar construction for use on automobiles, etc.