• Aspersed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Asperse
- (a.) Bespattered; slandered; calumniated.
- (a.) Having an indefinite number of small charges scattered or strewed over the surface.
• Asperse Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To sprinkle, as water or dust, upon anybody or anything, or to besprinkle any one with a liquid or with dust.
- (v. t.) To bespatter with foul reports or false and injurious charges; to tarnish in point of reputation or good name; to slander or calumniate; as, to asperse a poet or his writings; to asperse a mans character.