• Assigning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Assign
• Assign Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To fix, specify, select, or designate; to point out authoritatively or exactly; as, to assign a limit; to assign counsel for a prisoner; to assign a day for trial.
- (v.) A thing pertaining or belonging to something else; an appurtenance.
- (v. t.) To transfer, or make over to another, esp. to transfer to, and vest in, certain persons, called assignees, for the benefit of creditors.
- (v. t.) To appoint; to allot; to apportion; to make over.
- (n.) A person to whom property or an interest is transferred; as, a deed to a man and his heirs and assigns.
- (v. i.) To transfer or pass over property to another, whether for the benefit of the assignee or of the assignors creditors, or in furtherance of some trust.