• Assuring Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) That assures; tending to assure; giving confidence.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Assure
• Assure Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To affiance; to betroth.
- (v. t.) To insure; to covenant to indemnify for loss, or to pay a specified sum at death. See Insure.
- (v. t.) To make sure or certain; to render confident by a promise, declaration, or other evidence.
- (v. t.) To declare to, solemnly; to assert to (any one) with the design of inspiring belief or confidence.
- (v. t.) To confirm; to make certain or secure.